How to Make the Lolz

This photo was sent to me (thanks, Melissa), who thought that the funny thing about the photo is that the guy is wearing girl's clothing, so it looks like Halloween, but the other people are wearing red or green so maybe it's a Christmas party (kinda lost you there, Melissa).  But the kicker, she writes,  is that it's actually neither a Halloween nor Christmas party - it's a housewarming party! In September, no less!

Ok here's the thing about why it's sometimes impossible to post pictures that people send me of their friends (I mean this in the best way, Melissa,).  The thing is, if you know the people and the situation, you can't see it for what it really looks like to an outsider.  I absolutely LOVE when people send me photos of their friends - so please don't let this dissuade you from sending me stuff.   But what happens is that sometimes the photos just don't mean the same thing if you don't know the people.  My favorite kind of photos to post are the ones that no one who know the people would ever actually think are funny, or would ever be of interest to an outsider.

When you know the people, you wouldn't see what's really the funniest thing about the fact that this is a housewarming party, which is not that the guests are dressed funny.

It's that someone is having a housewarming in a disgusting unfinished basement that looks like one of Saddam's rape rooms.  Happy housewarming, indeed - please join me for karaoke in my dungeon.

Photobucket

0 comments: